BDO is one of the largest full service accounting and advisory network in Australia and globally. We excel at creating strong relationships with clients who are seeking a combination of technical excellence with a specialised range of services and a desire for outstanding client relationships.
CBRE Agribusiness is dedicated to being the industry’s premier provider of valuation, advisory and transaction services for investors and owners of all types of agribusiness properties; comprising of over 40 dedicated professionals who specialise in all agricultural sectors and commodities, and have significant real estate experience. CBRE staff are located in offices based in Australia and New Zealand, however regularly engage in broader international transactions in North and South America, Europe and South East Asia.
Encouraging Australia's youth to choose a career in Agribusiness
2016 Dayna Grey
2015 Edon Lindell
2014 Molly Ashby
2013 Lochlan Lancaster
Agribusiness in Australia has and will always be one of this country’s industry pillars. Currently the political, media and business dialogue is again focused on our sector with the belief that we will be a continued staple for Australia’s prosperity.
Each year Agribusiness Australia (formerly the Agribusiness Association of Australia) announces a scholarship encouraging young Australians to undertake tertiary education in agriculture.
This respected $3,000 multi-year scholarship is part of Agribusiness Australia’s key priority of aspiring agribusiness students into the industry to ensure that agribusiness continues to be a major contributor to the Australian economy.
Applications are now open to eligible high school students which reflects the state hosting the Agribusiness Australia’s annual general meeting which this year will be held in Melbourne. The winner will be announced at a dinner following the annual general meeting each year
Tim Burrow, Agribusiness Australia Chief Executive Officer said that secondary school networks have always been very positive about the scholarship.
“The schools are confident that there are many worthy applicants who would embrace the opportunity to have their future studies supported by such a fantastic scholarship, Tim said.
Details of the Agribusiness Australia Scholarship are listed below.
- Open to all students who are currently in or starting their final year of high school regardless if they have an agriculture program.
- Applicants must display a solid academic performance – credit average.
- Applicants should display leadership qualities and engage in extracurricular or volunteer work.
- Scholarship commences upon the student’s acceptance into an agriculture related degree. If the student is not accepted or does not elect an agriculture related degree, then the scholarship is forfeited.
- Scholarship recipient will receive $1,000 per annum for three consecutive years of study upon continuous enrolment in a university agriculture related degree.
- Applications will be assessed by the Agribusiness Australia Scholarship Committee and approved by the Agribusiness Australia Board.
- In addition, the scholarship recipient will have the opportunity to do one week’s work experience with a member of Agribusiness Australia.
- Applications close in August each year
- The winner must submit a one to two page report that will be uploaded to the Agribusiness Australia website. The focus of the report is to be on learning’s during the school year and encouragement to others.
Agribusiness Australia provides its members business insights to the whole agribusiness value chain; from research to retail. It provides great networking opportunities as well as access to a platform to bring forward issues or opportunities for the sector that are needing attention through advocacy.
Chief Executive Officer
Mobile 0417 868 036
Piper Alderman is a commercial law firm with offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide. We act for leading agribusinesses operating inside the farm gate across a broad spectrum of primary production enterprises, as well as for clients operating beyond the farm gate in the agribusiness supply chain, food processing, retail and financial services sectors, export and R&D.
Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA) is a dynamic Government of South Australia agency with the vision of growing sustainable and competitive regions. PIRSA is committed to the sustainable use of the state's agriculture, wine, seafood, forestry, and food industries along with the provision of associated research, regulation, policy development and biosecurity imperatives. PIRSA leads and drives the State Government’s strategic priority of Premium Food and wine from our Clean Environment.Read More
Waterfind Australia is one of Australia’s water market specialists and a pioneer in the water market industry. Waterfind Australia has developed an award winning online water trading platform that allows the buying and selling of water and simplifies the water trading process enabling irrigators and other water users to access all major Australian water resources to manage their water needs. Waterfind is a privately owned Australian company and is governed by an independent board of directors.